Linux & Unix Fundamentals
"Ireland's Centre for Linux & Unix Excellence"
This 3-day course provides newcomers to Linux & Unix with a sound appreciation of the
Operating System. The course identifies the most useful tools and utilities, and teaches
their use by means of extensive practical 'hands on' exercises. In addition you will learn
how to use the VI or Vim text editors, and get a thorough understanding of the shell and
its relationship with the operating system. By the end of the third day you will be reading and
writing your own shell scripts in Bash or Korn Shell.
- What are Linux & Unix?
- Linux & Unix Architecture Overview
- Getting Started
- Working with the File System
- Text Manipulation
- I/O Redirection
- VI, Vim and other text Editors
- The Shell and shell features
- Introduction to Shell scripting
Option of other related or follow-on courses:
- Bash Shell Programming
- Enterprise Linux Administration
- Korn Shell Programming
- Solaris™ Practical Administration
- Solaris™ Advanced System Administration
- HP-UX Practical Administration