This 5 day course is for experienced programmers with a knowledge of a High Level Language. It provides a sound understanding of the "C" language. The course covers language constructs, structured data type flow control and the "C" compiler.
- History of the "C" language, overview of "C"
- Program structure & compilation
- Variables & constants; data types
- Arithmetic & assignment of operators
- Relational operators / type conversion
- Increment / Decrement ; Bitwise logical operators
- if-else and switch statements / while, do-while and for loops
- Function declarations, calls, arguments & return values, scope rules
- Constants ; Macros; File Inclusion; Conditional Compilation Addresses
- Structure notation
- Unformatted & Formatted Standard I/O
- File Handling
- Unix System Calls / Character Manipulation Routines
- Storage Allocation
This course is designed to teach the key elements of the 'C' programming language to existing software developers.
- General keyboard familiarity will be assumed
- The ability to use a Unix editor such as "vi" is essential
- Knowledge of a high level language such as Pascal would be an advantage